So I just skipped class to buy a case of prickly pears. Oops. Probably not the best decision but good christ did it ever feel good. It’s so sunny and warm out I ended up taking off my jacket and just wearing a t-shirt. Along the way to pick up the prickly pears I accumulated many other things that struck my fancy. Fancy things… SUCH AS!
- A jasmine plant in mid-bloom
- Organic lemons and limes
- California strawberries and blackberries
- Newcastle Brown Ale
- Creme de Cassis, blackcurrant liqueur
- Triple Sec, orange liqueur
- Valrhona Chocolates: Manjari Orange and Guandaja Grue
- Cardamom pods
- Prickly Pears!
And some not so fancy but still wonderful stuff like fresh churned butter, free range eggs and not quite so fresh and free range yeast packets. And now, my dear hearts, I am going to do the dishes, get a bit tipsy, and drumroll please.. bake some shit up.