Day off, daa-aa-aaa–aaayyy– OOOOOfFffF!!
Thats me doing a song about my day off.. loses a little in translation but trust me. Epic.
So much sunshine and watermelon. Ahhhhhh laaaa la la!
We spent our morning getting some groceries. I know its boring, but this is what we got!
- Ox hearts
- Ox kidneys
- Garlic Angus Sausage
- Milk, butter, eggs & a kg of edam
- Chinese vinegar (for mixing with soy sauce & chili sauce and putting on everything ever, so goood)
- Up & Go, for mornings where I sleep in to the last minute time in and don’t have time for breakfast..
- LEMON YOGHURT! I love lemon yoghurt.
- Zucchini (courgettes)
- Some weird green armadillo looking fruit that supposedly tastes like apple custard
- A tongan watermelon
- A pawpaw
- Mushroom funguses
- A red cabbage
- Some brocs
I picked some fat juicy lemons off our lemon tree and filled some old empty bundaberg bottles with lemonade for CB to sip while I’m away at work! So much tasty taste in those lemons. The whole tree is heavy with fruit, and a swarm of fruit flies were making a little fly flavoured mist around the bottom of the tree because of all that sweet juice drippin!
I peeked into the crockpot to have a look at CB’s blood & guts stew. Hearts, kidneys, bacon, mushrooms and leeks. It smelled amazing. And to finish it all off, a nice big hunk of butter. Every heart is better when marinated in butter!
Mmmmmm couldn’t wait to get my mits on that paw paw. It has a little bitter muskiness.. and I like it…
AND NOW IM GOING FOR STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM! SEE YA, BUTTHOLES!